Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm just not buying the excuses...




This story really disgusted me last week, the "X" over VP Dick Cheney's face during a live feed on CNN. Disrespectful, childish, so like the left antics. Then is was brought to light that it was in fact a technical glitch. Ummmm, ok, well, I sort of accepted that but still have my doubts. I thought that it was just a little ironic.

Now I open Drudge and there is another story, CNN OPERATOR FIRED AFTER SUGGESTING 'X' OVER CHENEY WAS 'FREE SPEECH'. I of course had to read this because after all, it was a technical problem right? How on earth could one be fired for something that occurs everyday with all of this wonderful technology?

"We did it just to make a point. Tell them to stop lying, Bush and Cheney," the CNN operator said to a caller. "Bring our soldiers home."

Apparently there was some sort of implication meant by this? I was already skeptical of the 'technical glitch' excuse but after reading this how can I trust what anyone may have to give for a reason at CNN.

Of course CNN says, "His comments did not reflect the views of CNN." but really, how can one believe that? Why shouldn't I believe that they don't hold this opinion about the "X" unanimously? They are one in the same correct???

"Was it not freedom of speech? Yes or No?" the CNN operator explained."

Strategically placing an "X" over a man's face while he is giving a speech I find to be something that may have been done by the likes of say, maybe an 8-year old jokester but certainly not a reputable news station full of educated adults who go to college to learn their trades.

"If you don't like it, don't watch."

I guess the operator told that caller. Great way to cater to someone whom actually does view your news. Like AOL blowing off the ideas, concerns and gripes of it's subscribers who pay for the service, CNN has proven to be just as loyal to its viewers.

No comments: