Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"No one had to die in this act of defiance, this man should be applauded." said my friend. (Ummm, yeah, whatever.)

What is it about the muslims that I don't understand? I mean, don't they kill others for Allah? Don't they hate Americans? Weren't the highjackers Muslim? Or the other 'minor' attacks on the WTC by Muslims or the USSCole, killing a film maker in the Netherlands, bombings of various US embassys, attacks on train stations, buses? What am I missing here?

By all accounts, the violence this group shows, the hatred they show towards my fellow citizens and their own for that matter, I, being who I am, feel they have no right to enjoy the same freedoms that I, as an American Citizen born and raised, do.

Granted, I haven't earned my rights by serving my country but even more so I respect, honor and cherish those rights granted to me. It's really the least I would expect of me or anyone else who hasn't actually served this country with heart, soul, honesty, integrity, honor, pride, or bravery. I guess my beliefs would be considered serving the integrity of what America stands for huh. Whether it be military, the police, or fireman or plain old firm-believing American Citizens...they all deserve to be honored.

Who allowed this man into this country? Of course who would have thought he would do something ... well, forget that.

Do I hate Muslims? Well, put it this way, I certainly don't like them very much but hate is pretty strong. But those who would come into this country and disrespect a 9/11 Memorial, that of a police officer who died trying to rescue victims in the WTC; well lets just say that people like him have no damn business in my country.

No comments: