Wednesday, August 03, 2005

14 Marines killed



BAGHDAD, Iraq (Aug. 3) -- A Marine amphibious assault vehicle on patrol during combat operations near the Syrian border hit a roadside bomb Wednesday, and 14 Marines were killed in one of the deadliest single attacks in Iraq against American forces.

A civilian interpreter also was killed in the bombing, which came two days after seven Marines died in the same area during combat with insurgents.


I was a corpsman with an AAV bn. when i was in the Navy. with fourteen dead it seems that the terrorist bomb took out the whole AAV and everybody in it, It would have been a squad of infantry as well as the AAV crew and possibly a Navy Corpsman That number would seem to fit with what i remember.

Holly has a post up with several good links to places you can go to send condolences to the family and offer support for the men of honor who gave their lives in support of this country.

My time with the Marines is something I will never forget, I was an out of shape Navy Corpsman when I was attached to 2nd AAV'S, I was in far better shape and a well trained and integral part of the unit when I left I made friends that i still talk too and some I wish i could find. Anytime a Marine is killed it hits home with me, The few and the Proud isn not just a slogan. It is the way of life for a Marine.

Semper Fi Devil Dogs I will never forget.

No comments: