Be sure to read this one with a Boston accent:
"The abuse of power and the cloak of secrecy from the White House continues... It's a devious maneuver that evades the constitutional requirement of Senate consent and only further darkens the cloud over Mr. Bolton's credibility at the U.N." — Sen. Edward M. KennedyTranslation: When I was a boy, daddy told me I would have more power than this.
"At a time when we need to reassert our diplomatic power in the world, President Bush has decided to send a seriously flawed and weakened candidate to the United Nations. It's an unnecessary result, and the latest abuse of power by the Bush White House... Bolton arrives at the United Nations with a cloud hanging over his head." — Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.Translation: There is a dark cloud over me, so it seems natural to assume that there is one following everyone.
"The president has the right to make this recess appointment, but it's the wrong decision. It only diminishes John Bolton's validity and leverage to secureTranslation: If I were president, I would have consulted the French. Oh...and I plan on using the very same campaign strategy in 2008 as I did in 2004.
America's goals at the U.N. John Bolton has been rejected twice by the Senate to serve as our Ambassador to the United Nations. This is not the way to fill our most important diplomatic jobs." — Sen. John Kerry
"It's sad that even while the president preaches democracy around the world, he bends the rules and circumvents the will of Congress in appointing ourTranslation: I have no idea how democracy or the federal government works.
representative to the United Nations." — Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg
Bush thinks he's flashing the middle finger at Democrats, but in reality he'sTranslation: I have no idea how to make a point without using references to profanity. But I do possess an uncanny ability to turn "bad news" into good news for those not a part of the reality based community.
setting back his own cause for reform at the United Nations. As for U.S.
diplomacy, it's yet another setback. But this administration has done nothing but give F.U.s to the world community for five years running. This is simply par for the course. --Kos
Mark Coffey has more examples of liberal tantrums.
No comments:
Post a Comment