Not only is laughing in the woods criminal but it appears that 5-year old little girls hugging their friends at school can be added to the list of infractions.
"MAYNARD, Mass. -- A family in Maynard is outraged after their 5-year-old daughter was forced to write a letter denouncing hugging after a classmate embraced her."
Forced to write a letter???? This little girl who is simply returning a hug to her little friend had to write a letter stating:
"I touch Sophie because she touch me and I didn't like it because she was hugging me. I didn't like when she hugged me."
"She said, 'I'm really sad that I got in trouble for hugging,'" Brier said.
I guess that what these two little girls did was against school rules? Hugs, well I don't know about anyone else but I have always loved hugs and never thought of them to be a negative sign of affection. If one lifts another off their feet, well isn't that just an extra big hug and a, 'Gosh I am so happy to see you' sort of hug? I must have my signals crossed. Maybe this teacher didn't like the fact that it was two girls and not a boy and a girl?
Man, they are really starting the kids with these insane rules at an early age. Some schools don't allow running on their playgrounds at recess for fear that the children will trip and get hurt. Another in our state wouldn't allow the kids outside to play because it was too windy...but it was a warm summer day. They thought the kids would get sand in their eyes. Another school has banned the game of tag on the playground. Which begs the question, what is the point of childhood? Take away the affection, take away the running and the games that you and I grew up only to have some fond memories to share with our kids and you have the Stepford Children.
Hey, I know, lets get them all on Ritalin and turn them into the zombies that some in this society seem to think makes the 'ideal child'! And then lets teach them to use EVERY excuse in the book when they do in fact commit a crime, like murder, and teach them that they can just use the bipolar excuse or the insanity plea. Oh, and lets convince them that they were molested by their fathers too just for good measure and that it's because of that that they suffer depression and personality disorders.
Ok, enough now. But when a hug constitutes a 5-year old little girl having to explain why she was doing so to her FRIEND and being reprimanded for it, I do find that to be a little irritating and somewhat ass backwards in a world that is in dire need of more hugs. I often times think that kids are much better teachers than teachers themselves.
Take a damn lesson, have you hugged your friend today?
9 comments:
It's because Tom Delay is gone. We liberals have nothing better to do now.
Seriously, though, sometimes the schools go way overboard. Sand in their eyes? Give me a break. No tag because it makes you feel bad? Boo hoo. I always got picked last for baseball - BECAUSE I SUCKED AT BASEBALL. Not having anyone tell me I sucked didn't make me suck any less. We don't need to beat our children with sticks but we don't need to coddle them so that when they do face criticism and adversity, they break down completely.
lol, good one Dave but Delay and Co. isn't my dept. I'll save that for Teaparty, Armand and Jenn.
This is just ridiculous but what is even more so is that if the school doesn't stop this sort of behavior sexual harrassment charges will be brought up against one of these little kids. Haven't you seen some of the headlines? A 7-year old charged with sexual harrassment of a schoolmate just for touching her skin between her shirt and the waist of her jeans??? There are so many instances that have occurred in our schools that we could be rich from lawsuits if in fact we wanted to use our kids and the system that way!
Some people are just assinined in their heads these days. Probably because they were subject to criticism and adversity and didn't get picked for tag.
This is right up there with the whole,"We can't use red pens to correct errors, because we might hurt their wittle feewings.We must use pirple or green".
AARRGGGHHHHHH I hate P.C.B.S.!!!!!!!
Don't worry Dave, Delay may be gone, but Scooter seems to be popping up again.
L, look at this McKinney crap, same thing. She claimed sexual harrassment because the cop "touched" her. It's out of control. Heck, if I wanted I could bring just about every guy in my office up on sexual harrassment charges, and them, me.
Kids are too coddled today, there's a girl in my daughters class that cries when she can't sit next to the girl she wants, and everytime she makes a mistake on the softball field (which is often) she is just about hysterical. When my kid makes a mistake I explain it to her - tell her what she did wrong, when she strikes out looking - I tell her to pull the trigger and not stand there. I don't know how some of these kids will make it as they grow-up.
Some people - unfortunately, many on the far left and a good number on the far right - feel that the choice to dealing with children is either super-shelter or beat with a belt.
Most people are rational.
Left/right, it doesn't really matter to me. I say pull your heads out of your arses and stop using children in such a way to make your adult points, well, if they should really be called 'adults'! Nothing like using the kids as your scapegoat for your own hidden, messed up agendas. It just sickens me!
Like the little girl who brought a knife to school and my daughter just happened to be the 'tattle tale'. The girl's mom told this girl that my daughter wasn't her true friend if she told on her. So I guess in the end my daughter is now the bad guy and afraid to tell when another child does something bad. She doesn't want to be labeled. This other little girl is doing right by bringing a knife to an elementary school...all I can do is tell our kids to stand their ground and do what's right. Or perhaps what's wrong????
Yeah Jenn, don't speak to loudly you may be the next accused! Is it truly political correctness or is it fear?
L, dear, there isn't a day that goes by that I am not accused of something. ; )
I think one of the biggest problems facing kids today is that parents seem to want to be friends, more than they want to actually parent.
Remember that case of the 5 year old in Brooklyn(?), who was hitting, kicking and biting the teachers, but they were too scared to stop her, because her mom threatened them with lawsuits if they touched her kid. So the police had to be called in.Ridiculous.
Damn. When I was in grade school, if you misbehaved, the teacher would grab you by the arm and throw you in a corner, or send you to the principals office. No questions asked. And you went, and kept your mouth shut, and showed respect.Yes, Ma'am,no Ma'am. And when you f-ed up, they put your F grades in RED!!!!!
Kids should be disciplined when they do stupid things like that. A kid brought a shotgun shell, a SHELL, to my school 7 or 8 years ago when I was much smaller, and was suspended for the year. It's good to overreact in that case - it's not good for a parent to essentially tell their child it's OK to bring knives to school.
7 or 8 years ago seems like an eternity looking at it that way. The girl got sent home for the remainder of the day but what did she learn? To blame my daughter for doing the right thing I guess.
What about the kid who used the chicken finger as a gun and got suspended? Elementary age of course when boys will be boys and everything they pick up becomes a gun or a sword.
And Jenn, I TOTALLY forgot about that 5 year old girl. I was in disbelief at the way the adults stood back from this girl, like she had a rifle or something. I sat here and yelled at those 'authority figures' because the two or three of them couldn't control a child. I guess that it's much easier for parents to create monsters so they can file lawsuits when that child acts like a spoiled little princess!
Post a Comment