Thursday, March 30, 2006

Last time I checked this WAS America

Opinions split over red, white and green
Mexican flags divisive topic as principal shows his support for student protests



Mexican flag flies over Chasewood North in Jupiter . . . at least for now

I didn't know that Mexico had become part of the U.S.? Just because these people 'have a right' to be in this country what makes them think that they can just come in and take over and call it theirs? Go home to your own country if you cannot respect the laws of ours and you disrespect the very symbol that grants you the freedom to do whatever the hell you want. Illegal immigration? Get them out of here! Send them to prison! Put up the walls! And those so called 'american-o's' can go back with them!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Frankly, I had to turn the news off last night.

A bunch of these assh*les here, started throwing rocks at cops, and ran up to a local business that was flying the American flag (you know the country this really is), and ripped it down.

I just about put my fist through the t.v. screen I was so mad.

Walking through the streets screaming Viva La Raza and Viva La Mexico.

Any small amount of sympathy I held has flow out the window.

Anonymous said...

When they do this, it completely destroys their credibility. People came here because it's America, because it is not Mexico, and the opportunities and economy here are so much better.

There are a lot of illegal immigrants just trying to help themselves and their families; and it IS illegal and they should face punishment for breaking the law. What these people are doing is making their image even worse!

Teaparty said...

Someone should ask the protesters why they aren't in Mexico protesting the total lack of an economy or a job market.

Rick said...

In Dallas a bunch of students walked out of school and played in the fountain downtown. When pressed by reporters most of them didn't even know what they were protesting.

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of racist bigots we have here. "Go back to your own country?" Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty and tell people we really never meant all that crap about give us your poor?

We had over a million people take to the streets on Saturday in LA. Tens of thousands of students in the area have also walked out of class. And, you know what's funny? A similar group of young chicanos also walked out of class in 1968. One of them happens to be our mayor, and many others share prominent roles within the community and on our board of education. I know you'd like to think these are just dumb kids, but it's not true.

We aren't going away. We're not criminals. We're a proud people who are simply seeking a better life for our families.

Luis Cannas

Anonymous said...

Luis;

I feel like the issue with the majority of Americans is that there is latent racism in America, but most people understand that it's not acceptable and try to push it aside. Some fail.

The problem becomes when people go overboard; it's one thing to be proud of your heritage, another to be taking down American flags and replacing them. It's not symbolic, it's overreacting to the far right, who don't represent the majority of this country.

Teaparty said...

If I might be so bold...

Luis selectively quotes in order to create the opportunity to call us names. How original.

"Go back to your own country?"

Here's the entire quote:

"Go home to your own country if you cannot respect the laws of ours and you disrespect the very symbol that grants you the freedom to do whatever the hell you want."

Luis thinks that expecting immigrants to respect and obey our laws is racist.

Luis writes:

Should we tear down the Statue of Liberty and tell people we really never meant all that crap...?

No need to take such drastice measures. I welcome any and all legal immigration, perfectly in keeping with the sentiment expressed on the SOL. The problem that Luis demonstrates so well is immigrants who have no understanding of our culture and traditions. Luis obviously has had little to no civics. Or, maybe he wasn't listening.

He shows absolutely no respect for the citizens of the country he wants to be a part of (calling us racists and bigots) but expects us to throw out our laws and endanger our own citizens and legal immigrants by allowing porous borders to continue despite a sworn enemy who has already killed 3,000 people here.

We're not criminals.

If you are here illegaly, you are a criminal. Again, Luis doesn't understand basic civics.

We're a proud people who are simply seeking a better life for our families.

That's great. And as a citizen of America I am happy to be able to provide this wonderful opportunity. I merely ask one thing. Come here legally and respect our laws and people. Considering the benefit, a lifestyle that simply isn't possible for most residents of Mexico, I shouldn't think that is too much to ask.

Luis thinks it is. In fact, he thinks I am a racist and a bigot because of it.

Hey Luis, imagine how much better off the citizens of Mexico would be if they spent the energy used to protest our legislatively enacted laws protesting the corrupt Mexican government. Protesting the economy...the lack of jobs...the poor living conditions.

Apparently that takes a courage that you or a million other citizens of Mexico don't possess. Easier to come over here and assualt our legal code.

Thanks a bunch. And thanks for stopping by. I feel better about my stance than ever before.

Teaparty said...

Dave,

Do minorities have this "latent racism?"

Or is it just white people?

Anonymous said...

Hey Luis, Are you a bonifide American Citizen?
If you are, then you are not the one that this post was directed at.

Illegals come into this country and want to bend the laws to better suit their needs. They soak off of our government, medical care and still expect more. Like Spottswoode said, fight to change things in Mexico, don't come here and try to sway the pendulum and bring down a country that has done so much for your people. No one said that legals were not a proud people and
only seeking a better life for their family. Kudos to you if in fact you are here legally.

Anonymous said...

Spotts - I said

I feel like the issue with the majority of Americans is that there is latent racism in America, but most people understand that it's not acceptable and try to push it aside. Some fail.

There's latent racism in every community. Hopefully, one day there won't be, but for now it's important to acknowledge and condemn serious discrimination and racism, no matter who does it or says it.

Unknown said...

Dave,

You are right. There is latent racism. A vast majority of Mexican nationals that call our fine country home, hate Americans.

How do I know this? I lived with over 60 of them, good field sample. Being the only legal American(married to the only LEGAL alien) out of over 60 people living in a 8 unit apartment complex, you learn many things.

One of the things I learned VERY quickly is how many ways you can talk sh*t about pinje Americano's in Spanish. They did't like that I complained about the fact that they littered, let their dogs poop everywhere, and drank beer in the courtyard and pee'd on my roses, then left the bottles for me to clean up. Or that the many bags of trash they were too lazy to carry to the dumpster attracted rats, so I'd ask them to please throw them away.

Because I didn't like living in filth and squalor, I was labeled,"pinje Americano", and many other colorful names. My tires were routinely deflated, my car keyed, my windows broken, and that was a good day.

Yeah, Dave, there's racism, but it goes both ways. Take for example, the "Latino" students here in San Diego county (Oceanside) that went up to a business and ripped down the American flag flying out front and trampled it. All the while screaming Viva la Raza. Know about La Raza? They are supported by many, but do you know what they stand for? Look it up.

Yup, plenty of racism.

Anonymous said...

It's useless to retaliate with racism. No one should discriminate and anyone who does should be punished appropriately, and the "discriminatee" should be compensated. I don't care why or what the excuses are.

People are people, and there are stupid people in every community and wonderful people in every community.

Anonymous said...

While this whole issue generally bores me into incoherence, I have wondered just who it is participating in these marches.

Were I an illegal, Id be keeping my head down and sure as hell not risking arrest over something that others can and are getting done for me.

Were I a legal immigrant though, Id be pissed and not a likely advocate for someone who couldnt be bothered to jump through all the hoops, and do all the waiting and paper-work, that I had to endure.

That said, I would like to see the guest-worker program stream-lined with an eye toward increasing its capacity to processing applicants.

Luis;

you know what's funny? A similar group of young chicanos also walked out of class in 1968. One of them happens to be our mayor

Yeah...that is amazing...a protesty type from the 60s involved in government today.

Amazing stuff.