Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Mothership In Space

Just to prove to you that there is not a bias in the mainstream media (which, oddly enough, is not quite as mainstream as it once was), I would like to draw your attention to a little march that was sponsored by some less than normal personas. Soy español, así que puedo hablar de este asunto libremente sin ser llamado un racista (Translation: I am Spanish, so I can talk about this topic freely without being called a racist.) Yes, I am partially bilingual (I’m on my first year of college level Spanish).

Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Million Man March and the Millions More Movement (Jews not allowed of course, since they are the enemy of the black man!), had some interesting things to say on FOX News:

Well, I was in a tiny village in Mexico on the 17th of September, 1985. And I had a vision-like experience climbing a mountain there, on the top of which is a temple to the Mexo-American Christ figure, Ketso Quato. And one of these little UFOs came over that mountain and I was signaled from a group of persons to come. And I was beamed up into that small vehicle and carried to a larger vehicle, where I heard the voice of my leader and teacher, the Honorable Elijah Mohamed, saying these words to me, in early September, the president met with his joint chiefs of staff to plan a war. He didn't tell me who the war was against or what not. But early in the next year, it came to me while I was in Ghana that this war was against Libya and Libya's leader Muammar Qaddafi. So I went there and warned him of what was about to take place. And it did take place. And the following year, sir, I was sitting on an airplane, I happened to pick up the The New York Times magazine section, and it said America planned war against Libya…

Now there is an intellectual man if I’ve ever heard one. Of course there is the part about white people being created by the crazed scientist Yacob, but I’ll leave that to other people.

Now tell me, what would happen if Dr. James Dobson went on FOX News and stated that he went on top of Evergreen Mountain in Evergreen, Colorado (a nice little hike, I’ve done it once or twice), was beamed up onto a space vessel with the Apostle Paul, and was told that Clinton was going to not lie under oath? What, I wonder, would be the response of the media?

I can just see it now, the Denver Post, “Dobson Delirious?” and the Rocky Mountain News, “Head In The Clouds.” And what would The New York Times have to say about it? And Air America (if they can find time in their busy schedule of stealing money from children)?

And yet the Reverend Farrakhan can say it, and it doesn’t even make it much farther than Conservative Textbook! My post this week is nothing ground breaking, nothing amazing – it is simply something to chew on. If you have any doubt there is not a bias against conservatives in the media, just look at the media attention (or lack thereof) concerning Farrakhan and his mothership.

Your favorite 17-year-old Loveland Ski Area snowboarder,
Caleb

No comments: