Friday, September 16, 2005

All is quiet on the lefty front


I was going to write about my growing concern, that as we approach the season of charity and giving, many people will be strapped and not give to their local charities. I will do this next week. I thought, due to the silence from the left, that discussing Bush's speech last night would be fun.

Now, I will be the first to admit that Mr. Bush is probably one of the poorest public speakers I have ever heard, save Becky Shoemaker(names have been changed to protect the innocent) in high school who was one of those people that gets all twitchy when they speak publicly. She was bad, Bush is a little better. But, frankly, that humanity in him is one of the things that makes me like him. Moving on.

This was probably the best speech he has made, or ever will make. His writers were spot on and good this time, and hit all of the points that really needed to be addressed.

So if you missed it last night, please take a moment to read the transcript and let's hear what you have to say. It was a speech about helping and unity and building upon the ruins of a city that was already in despair.

Comments?

No comments: