With Hurricane Katrina being probably the worst NATURAL disaster ever, I know all of my fellow patriots are as disturbed as I am by what we see on T.V., and heart broken.
Last night I watched with wonder as they showed footage of my fellow Americans stepping up to the plate and helping out their fellow man, woman and child. Did the heart good.
Of course I shook my head in disgust this morning as I listened to one of the rescue crews talk about how they couldn't take their boats into the city to mount a rescue attempt as some of the pond scum of humanity has decided to start shooting their looted guns at these brave men and woman.
Now, I have been busy collecting money from my colleagues and neighbors. I'd like to send a big fat check to one of the groups handling the recovery. But, I'm only one person. We all need to do our part. That's what makes this country of ours shine so bright.
Please take a moment and contact one of the following groups and donate time or money to the Hurricane Relief. Anything helps, strapped for cash send $10.00. If everyone in the country sent $10.00 it would add up!
( BBB cautions donors on hurricane relief appeals Don't get scammed.)
Convoy of Hope
FEMA
American Red Cross
Salvation Army
Texas Baptist Men
Catholic Charities
United Methodist Committe on Relief
Espicopal Relief & Development
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD)
Louisiana SPCA or call the Louisiana SPCA here: 504-944-7445 ext 216
Thank you all for taking the time to do your part. Don't forget that these organizations will need our help in the coming months, some allow you to set up monthly payments. Again, you don't have to donate your entire paycheck, just a little from all goes a long way.
No comments:
Post a Comment