Why can't a movie just be a movie for entertainment purposes anymore. There always has to be some nasty political agenda behind it, some writer or creator out to slam the military, or the Bush administration. I am talking about " War of the Worlds" a remake mind you.
David Koepp seems to think that way back in 1898, that H.G. Wells, predicted that our military would one day 'slaughter' Iraqi civilians. That he had the foresight to write about how one day we would go to war with Iraq.
Frankly, I am damn tired of people bashing our military. I am tired of the stupidity that our military men/women are simply in the military for schooling, and strenuous training just for the hell of it. I am tired of people thinking that this war is a bad thing and that there is really no point to it. I am tired of people using this war to try to make mundane accusations against our President and those who sacrifice for the safety of our country and that of other countries. I am really sick of people saying that peace will solve this but not once have I heard a really good plan on that one.
"the Martians in our movie represent American military forces invading the Iraqis, and the futility of the occupation of a faraway land is again the subtext."
What the hell is that?
A columnist from USA Weekend, John Leo, said this and I happen to agree more with this:
"Leo, for his part, said he thinks the Martians "symbolize normal Americans, while those being attacked are the numbskulls who run Hollywood."
No comments:
Post a Comment