Dear Friends,
I really think this blog is a good thing. The views of the Liberal Left reflect the present decay of America. I have been reading a bit from the Blue Voice. There is a lot said about the "Christian Right".
I speak from the perspective of one who has "been there". In the late 80's I joined the Christian Coalition when I lived in Virginia. I went to one of their first meetings in Washington D.C. to hear Ralph Reed talk about all the goals they hoped to accomplish. I helped out in any way I could. I took part in the distribution of voter guides the Christian Coalition created. I arranged for them to be given to thousands of Christians in the area at several churches. I informed my fellow Christians of the views of the candidates. I did not tell them who to vote for but common sense dictates that if they are against abortion for instance, they would then choose the appropriate Candidate with the same viewpoint.
I also took part in several voter registration drives. I took part in letter writing campaigns to Senators and Congressmen. I listened closely to Dr. James Dobson through his Citizen magazine as well. On one occasion I even had a chance meet Gary Bauer and tour his then new Focus on the Family office in Washington D.C.
I put in feverish efforts. Then I was besieged in my own personal life with unfortunate circumstances and could no longer participate in these activities due to my own hardships. My first three children were afflicted with severe autism and mental retardation and required a lot of care. I had time to do little else but advocate and care for their needs. Now that they are older I have time to come up for a breath of air. I have to say that I am very disappointed in what I see happening today. The first goal and intent of the "Christian right" was good. I don't know what has happened to it today.
The term "Conservative" has gained new strength and popularity. When Rush Limbaugh became popular in the years to follow I noticed that it became more fashionable and "cool" to be Republican. Honestly, the only reason I was "Republican" was because they were the party that would help advance our causes. I did not care what party it was, as long as they were the party to uphold decency and integrity based on Biblical values in our society.
Today I see so much compromise within the Republican party that I can finally no longer stand with them. I don't know if this will exclude me from further participation in the Red voice or not. But, I want to let you all know where I am coming from. I think we are at the point of trying to justify or gloss over the immorality among the Republicans in office. I didn't think it was funny when Laura Bush was making jokes at a Whitehouse dinner about visiting a male strip club with her friends. The most recent event was when the Whitehouse hosted porn star Mary Carey who boasts she's a good Christian. Read article here from World Net Daily.
I didn't think it was pro life when Bush designated $288.3 million dollars of our tax payer money to more funding of title X which is the main funding source for Planned Parenthood. Read article here from Covenant News. For those of you who count Planned Parenthood as one of our enemies, why aren't you outraged about this?
I really think this blog is a good thing. The views of the Liberal Left reflect the present decay of America. I have been reading a bit from the Blue Voice. There is a lot said about the "Christian Right".
I speak from the perspective of one who has "been there". In the late 80's I joined the Christian Coalition when I lived in Virginia. I went to one of their first meetings in Washington D.C. to hear Ralph Reed talk about all the goals they hoped to accomplish. I helped out in any way I could. I took part in the distribution of voter guides the Christian Coalition created. I arranged for them to be given to thousands of Christians in the area at several churches. I informed my fellow Christians of the views of the candidates. I did not tell them who to vote for but common sense dictates that if they are against abortion for instance, they would then choose the appropriate Candidate with the same viewpoint.
I also took part in several voter registration drives. I took part in letter writing campaigns to Senators and Congressmen. I listened closely to Dr. James Dobson through his Citizen magazine as well. On one occasion I even had a chance meet Gary Bauer and tour his then new Focus on the Family office in Washington D.C.
I put in feverish efforts. Then I was besieged in my own personal life with unfortunate circumstances and could no longer participate in these activities due to my own hardships. My first three children were afflicted with severe autism and mental retardation and required a lot of care. I had time to do little else but advocate and care for their needs. Now that they are older I have time to come up for a breath of air. I have to say that I am very disappointed in what I see happening today. The first goal and intent of the "Christian right" was good. I don't know what has happened to it today.
The term "Conservative" has gained new strength and popularity. When Rush Limbaugh became popular in the years to follow I noticed that it became more fashionable and "cool" to be Republican. Honestly, the only reason I was "Republican" was because they were the party that would help advance our causes. I did not care what party it was, as long as they were the party to uphold decency and integrity based on Biblical values in our society.
Today I see so much compromise within the Republican party that I can finally no longer stand with them. I don't know if this will exclude me from further participation in the Red voice or not. But, I want to let you all know where I am coming from. I think we are at the point of trying to justify or gloss over the immorality among the Republicans in office. I didn't think it was funny when Laura Bush was making jokes at a Whitehouse dinner about visiting a male strip club with her friends. The most recent event was when the Whitehouse hosted porn star Mary Carey who boasts she's a good Christian. Read article here from World Net Daily.
I didn't think it was pro life when Bush designated $288.3 million dollars of our tax payer money to more funding of title X which is the main funding source for Planned Parenthood. Read article here from Covenant News. For those of you who count Planned Parenthood as one of our enemies, why aren't you outraged about this?
The Bush "pro life" facade includes "token gestures" to keep us dim witted "Christian right" folks in line. More and more Bush keeps appointing abortion supporters to high profile government jobs such as Alberto Gonzales to replace John Ashcroft as attorney general. Read article here from World Net Daily. Also, I don't know why the homosexuals are so opposed to Bush when he helps raise money for Senator Arlen Specter.
Here's a quote from a letter that Bush wrote to the Metropolitan Community Church that has already "married" at least 6,000 same-sex couples a year. Read here from a Whitehouse website news release.
"By encouraging the celebration of faith and sharing of God's love and boundless mercy, churches like yours put hope in people's hearts and a sense of purpose in their lives," Bush said in his Oct. 14 missive. "This milestone provides an opportunity to reflect on your years of service and to rejoice in God's faithfulness to your congregation." -World Net Daily, Nov. 12, 2003

It was a real slap in the face when Judge Ray Moore was forced to remove a Ten Commandments Monument from his court that he purchased with his own money. All the so-called Christian president had to say about that was, "It is important that we respect our laws and our courts," said White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan. "In some instances, the courts have ruled that the posting of the Ten Commandments is OK, in other circumstances they ruled that it's not OK. In either case, there's always opportunity for appeal of court decisions, but we believe that it's important to respect the laws and the courts." -One News, Aug. 28, 2003
As far as our strategy to fill the courts with pro-life judges, all six of the REPUBLICAN nominated judges voted against trying to intervene to save Terri's life in 11th Circuit decision against Terri Schiavo. A supporter of Dr. James Dobson, Pastor Bob Enyart appealed to him recently saying, "It is time to admit that your strategy has failed. Republicans nominated 58 percent of the federal judiciary. [Collins’ Coloradoan.com April 28], which you rightly expose as firmly against family values. The Moral Majority/Christian Coalition/Focus on the Family 25-year strategy of getting anti-abortion judges through Republican victories has utterly failed; and now George W. Bush is keeping his word by living up to his very first campaign promise to ignore abortion when nominating judges. It was a Republican Supreme Court which legalized abortion, and a Republican-nominated judge even wrote Roe v. Wade. The current Supreme Court keeps abortion legal with seven of the nine sitting justices nominated by Republican presidents". ~Colorado Springs Gazette May 3, 2005 See entire article here.
The final straw now is that Bush is backing the Gaza strip disengagement plan in Israel. Recently a petition by the Jerusalem Prayer team was sent to President Bush signed by 300 of the Nation's top Christian leaders. Among them were: Dr. Tim LaHaye, Mrs. Anne Graham Lotz, Dr. Pat Robertson, Dr. Adrian Rogers, Mr. Pat Boone, Dr. John Hagee, Mr. Bill McCartney, Ms. Kay Arthur, Rev. Tommy Tenney, Dr. A.R. Bernard, and Dr. Jay Sekulow. This petition is to inform him that he is wrong about backing this Gaza strip withdrawal that will divide the land of Israel. ~Jerusalem Prayer Team P.O. Box 210489, Bedford, TX 76095, 1-800-825-3872 http://www.jerusalemprayerteam.org/ -See Petition here
After all this can you understand why I can no longer hold hands with the Republican party? More and more Christians are waking up to all of this on a daily basis. We feel used and betrayed. We can't compromise any longer. Jesus said, "Broad is the path that leads to destruction, but narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it." (My paraphrase of Matthew 7:14). I don't care if this tosses me out of being a "moderate". According to the Bible we won't be in the majority, we'll be in the minority. At this point the only thing that will turn this around is the return of the Lord himself in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment