Red Voice, I would like to draw your attention to a particularily nasty comment left here recently. That is no small feat given that each of us has been insulted by all the liberal buzzwords, like "Nazi," "racist," "pussy," fascist," "idiot," "war-mongerer," "deranged," "insane," and on, and on, and on, but indeed it has been acheived. If I may, I would like to address that person directly...at your leisure.
John,
You wrote this: "And try not to to rely on your spouses (who, admittedly, are much more intelligent and resourceful) to provide the background and commentary on your behalf."
Aside from being incredibly insulting, you have absolutely no basis for it. You have no idea where information comes from, regrading any author here, much less that of me or my wife.
If indeed you are talking about my wife, please read the following:
Believe it or not I actually hold a bit of clout here. If you ever see fit to insult my wife in such a personal way again, I will use that clout to lobby for deleting your opportunity to input within this public discourse.
You are a grown man, I know, I've seen your picture. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you want to argue on point, feel free. If your idea of such is to just call people stupid completely unprovoked, find another site.
You're telling us to grow up? I've had about enough. Since you have been here you have done little but attack authors. Have you provided any useful information or successfully argued a point of substance? Hardly. Just more angry, liberal, name-calling, and insults.
Sincerely,
Spottswoode, AKA Teaparty, AKA tepoorten9
Red Voice: I'm tired. I, like you, have been into the trenches of angry liberalism a time or two. Life is short and precious, and I want to spend some of that time debating issues, debating issues on merit, not calling out every leftist whack-job that feels like coming over here and deriving some sick pleasure out of hurling insults at the authorship. I don't know about you, but while I admit that engaging them used to be fun, it has proven to be a never-ending, exhausting, job that does nothing to further the debate, nor does it enlighten a single soul.
I hereby lobby for some standard to be created as to the comment section. We all know the common sense difference between an argument and a personal attack. We all know that the attacks do nothing to further any discussion and, in fact, most usually detract from it or render it useless entirely. Haloscan makes it easy to delete comments and indeed even ban authors if the situation merits.
I simply don't see that having a blog necessarily equates to having to defending ourselves against the bottom of the liberal food chain. Please consider some kind of benchmark for the deletion of comments.
Thank you for your consideration,
Pat Tepoorten
No comments:
Post a Comment